We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

13 October 2011

My next ink ...

I've made some decisions about my next tattoo. It will look something like this ...
B's pad
... but in white. Yep, that's The Beast's pawprint. For anyone who knows me at all, you know how important B is to me and how she has helped me cope in some pretty tough times. I've been through a lot with the old girl, and I recognize that she won't be around forever. I've decided that I'm going to take her actual pawprint (above) and have it tattooed in white. There will also be a script "B" in the blank space on her "palm." Where it will go on my body is yet to be determined. Either on my left ribcage, my right inside ankle, or my left wrist. Not too sure about placement yet. I also want to talk to a tattoo artist before I make any decisions.



I've decided to go with white because it will be less prominent, and this tattoo is really more for me than anyone else. I like the subtle, lacy look of white tattoos, and I think it will be a fitting tribute to remind me of my girl someday when she is gone. Just thinking about that makes me weepy. I don't want some generic black pawprint that is chosen of the clip-art wall in a parlor. All of my tattoos thus far mean something special, and this one will be no different. If anything, it will be more special than the others.

I'll post pics when all this goes down. I'm really looking forward to it now. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've thought about getting the same thing. My wiener dog Monty has been, literally, my best friend.

My only issue, is I don't know where I'd put it. Seems like a shoulder blade thing for me. But then I won't be able to see it. So maybe on the inside forearm just before the elbow?

I also like the idea of white ink.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...