We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

10 October 2011

Back in the swing of things

Today is my first day back to work after a long week away. While leaving Ireland was sad (isn't it sad anytime you go home after an awesome vacation?), I was eager to get back to work. I missed my colleagues, and I really missed my kids  ... all 100 of them. I truly am blessed to have a job that I truly enjoy. I like the people I work with on both a professional level and a personal level. These are people that I genuinely like spending time with in and out of school. My kids, while they can test my patience at times, are overall outstanding. They greeted me this morning like they hadn't seen me in months. I felt like a celebrity. It's amazing how 100 11-year-olds can make this old woman's day. With the pending weather change, they all are a little high strung, but I needed their energy to quickly step back into my "teacher" shoes.

I got in to my classroom at about 6:30 this morning to prepare for a long day of teaching and conferences. I think my body is still operating on Ireland time because I couldn't sleep past 4:45. I've been going non-stop since then, and I'm pretty sure I will crash hard ... very hard ... this evening when I get home. But I've got a ton of grading to catch up on as well as planning for the rest of the week. No rest for the weary, right?

Happily, I head to Annapolis this Friday for the weekend to do some photography for my cousin and his lovely wife. The weather looks to be amazingly autumn-esque, so I'll have great light. It'll be great to hang out and enjoy myself with the cuz at a wine festival, but I'm quickly realizing that I need to adopt the "I'll sleep when I'm dead" philosophy towards life.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...