We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

10 October 2011

What I'm listening to ...

... a few of the best lyrics ever written.

"How fickle my heart and how woozy my eyes
I struggle to find any truth in your lies
And now my heart stumbles on things I don't know
This weakness I feel I must finally show"

wait ... here comes the best part ...

"Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free."


Raleigh Amphitheater with Mere back in June. Awesomeness. 
Seriously. Amazing. I love it. I can hear that song a hundred times a day and those lines always end with me singing at the top of my lungs, beating out the rhythm on my steering wheel (because I only sing in the car). It never gets old. The lines are pure and honest and poignant.

Indeed, Awake My Soul. 

(On an interesting note, one of my kids said to me the other day, "Ms. Short, you really like music, don't you?" I responded with a quizzical, "Why?" His simple response, "Because you are always playing it in your room and during class." I guess there are worse things to be known for, right?)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...