We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

29 June 2009

Winetasting fun

Today we all went to taste some good ol' NYS wine. We decided to tour Seneca Lake because it's been a while since I've visited those vineyards. We had a really fun time, and the weather was beautiful. We visited quite a few wineries, but I only bought four bottles of wine!! Of course, my mom and the rest of them made up for it. (Mom came home with 14 bottles of wine!!!!!!!!) We spent about 7 hours with Dad being a wonderful DD for us.

I love how all of the vineyards have such beautiful views of the lake. Despite the hard rap I give to Upstate NY, it is a really beautiful place. I'm rather blessed to call such a beautiful place home!



Farming life seems to be much more appealing with a lake view.


Here's where the magic begins.


A cool barrel.


A nice view from the vineyard's front porch.


Belhurst Castle ... the wine was so-so, but the location was nice!


Vineyards.


More vineyards.


Vineyards by the lake.



All in all, it was a very nice day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...