We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

11 June 2012

Best. Soup. Ever.

The chefs at school (yes, we have chefs at my school) have been known to make some rather delectable noms. One of my most favoritest things that they make are different fruit soups. Now, in reality, fruit soups are more like a smoothie than a soup, but, since they are eaten with a spoon, they are soups! They make a killer watermelon soup and a pretty fantastic strawberry soup. I never managed to get the recipe for either, but I found a recipe online (or, more accurately, on Pinterest). 

Tonight, I decided to make it.

The ingredients were simple and all it required was a food processor (which my loving mother bought me two Christmases ago). It is supposed to chill for 2 hours before consumption, but I couldn't wait to taste it and snap a pic. If it tastes better when it is cold, it is going to be AMAZING. It's already awesome luke warm!!

Here's the recipe (which I found here):
  • 4 cup(s) fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
  • 1/3 cup(s) ginger ale
  • 1/3 cup(s) sugar
  • 1/4 cup(s) milk
  • 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
  • 1 cup(s) sour cream
  • (optional) sliced strawberries, for garnish

It's super easy. After processing the strawberries until they are smooth, you combine all the ingredients and run the processor (or blender) until the mixture is absolutely smooth. Chill for a few hours and then serve. Mine will be chilling overnight for use tomorrow.

My picture below also  has a lot more air bubbles in it than I would like, but I am confident that the chilling period will allow those to escape. 

Strawberry soup!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...