We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

11 June 2012

Pineapple lush cake

Tomorrow my team at school is having an end-of-year team lunch. I, of course, volunteered to bring dessert because we all know that I LOVE dessert. After bouncing around on Pinterest, I happened upon this super easy cake. I wanted something that didn't require cooking because it's been hot out, and this recipe doesn't require the oven at all. And, if it tastes as good tomorrow as it does today, I might die. The recipe comes from Delish which is quickly becoming my go-to site for tasty recipes. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 can(s) (20-ounce) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
  • 1 package(s) (3.4-ounce, 4-serving size) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
  • 1 cup(s) frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 (10-ounce) store-bought angel food cake
  • 1 cup(s) fresh raspberries


Combine the pineapple and the pudding powder until well blended. Slowly fold in the whipped topping. Cut the angel food cake into three layers. Place the first layer in a serving platter and smear a healthy portion of the mixture on. Place the second layer on and repeat. repeat again with the third (top) layer. I added raspberries in between the layers and also added them on the top for tasty prettiness. 

The pineapple mixture tastes heavenly, but I think I will add some coconut if I make it again. I think it would add a nice texture and flavor. The whole cake is very light and refreshing ... perfect for summer.

I just hope the team likes it tomorrow. If they don't... more for me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...