We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

18 March 2011

Charmed Life - My Name is Mariposa


This was the third charm I ever put on my then-modest little bracelet. It is in the outline of a butterfly with a pink gemstone in the head. Why a butterfly? Well, early on in our relationship, The Boy began calling me "Mariposa," which is Spanish for "butterfly." I'm not sure what started it or how it came to be, but the name has stuck. All of his letters and cards to me are addressed to "Mariposa," and I sign all of my letters and cards to him the same way. It's been that way for years now, so I thought the petite little silver butterfly was appropriate.

This charm has also been lost and then found. Seriously. Before I had a chance to have it soldered onto the bracelet, it got caught on something at work (when I was a manager at Ann Taylor) and flew off. I looked but couldn't find it anywhere. It was pretty sad. Then, about five months later, I was breaking down some boxes in the back hall that had been sitting there FOREVER, and I found it! It was in one of the boxes that I was collapsing that I was preparing to throw in the trash! How lucky! I immediately took the charm and the bracelet to the jewelers to be permanently soldered on. Having lost this little charm only to find it so many months later in a pile of boxes makes it all the more special now.

While you're here, mind voting for me? It just takes a click.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...