We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

16 March 2011

Japan

I haven't blogged about the events happening in Japan for a few reasons. It seems weird to be ignoring such a huge world event, but I have my reasons.

First, and foremost, I honestly don't feel like I have the right to blog about this. It is so much bigger than anything I can comprehend. There is so much suffering and despair happening in that island nation, and anything I have to say about it seems trite and insignificant.

Second, I really don't think I have processed the gravity of the whole situation. I see the pictures and read the articles and watch the videos, but it just doesn't seem really real. It's so far away and completely disconnected from my own life.

Third, I feel that anything I have to say about it has already been said before. I feel that I have nothing new to add to the conversation.

For those reasons and more, I'm not blogging about what is happening in Japan. But that doesn't mean I don't think about it every day or pray on it every evening. My thoughts and prayers are regularly with those suffering in despair and abandonment, feeling lost and alone. I can only hope that my prayers and my nominal donations make a difference in at least one person's life.

I can't even imagine what they are feeling. I can't even begin to fathom how they have the strength to face each new dawn after all that they have already faced. Their spirit and determination amaze and inspire me. Faced with insurmountable odds, they go on.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...