We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

17 March 2011

I stand corrected

In an earlier post, I called referred to this tree as a gumball tree.


Well, as it turns out, I lied. This tree is NOT a gumball tree. It is in fact a London Plane Tree. Gumball trees do indeed exist and are all over NC. This is a picture of one from a previous post as well. 


I thought I was quite clever in seeing these little dangling seed pods and knowing that they were gumballs, but they aren't. But, truth be told, I kinda like the London Plane better. Doesn't it look like ornaments are hanging off of this tree?


I love it! They are so festive!


Here's a little pod, close up. 


No matter what they are called, I think they are pretty awesome. 

While you're here, why don't you vote for my blog? It only takes a click!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...