We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

08 March 2011

MB's Gin Blossom

Recently I had dinner with Little DB at Red Room which is an awesome little tapas and wine bar. Right before Christmas I fell in love with a new liquor -- San Germain Elderflower liquor -- and, to my surprise, Red Room had a tasty cocktail which blended gin with San Germain and some other potables. It was amazingly tasty, and, of course, I wanted to recreate it at home. I finally did last night, and it was as good (if not better!) than the restaurant's version.

1 oz. San Germain
2 oz. gin (Good gin. Not the cheap stuff. We like Bombay Sapphire, but I actually used Knockabout Gin from Ryan and Wood Distilleries in Cape Ann. It's a great little gin that can hold its own with the big guns.)
Sparkling Lemonade Soda
Ice
Lime wedge

Pour San Germain into an ice-filled cocktail shaker and then add the gin on top. Stir the mixture ... DO NOT SHAKE! When liquors are well blended and chilled, pour into a martini glass. Top off with Sparkling  Lemonade Soda. Squeeze a touch of lime juice on top and mix slightly. Enjoy!

It's pretty fantastic, if I do say so myself. The gin isn't overpowering, and it is rather fruit forward. Yummy!

*** UPDATE: In a pinch when you have no sparkling lemonade soda (which, let's be honest, who does?!), 1oz, lemoncello and a splash of club soda works great. Perhaps it even tastes better. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...