We've moved!

Please keep up to date with all think Yankee and gluten-free over at A Yankee in Rebel Clothes.

24 March 2011

Success at Losing: UPDATED UPDATE

I've always loved my high school prom dress. While I no longer love my date (who made me wear flats so I wasn't taller than him ... who I then married ... and then divorced), the dress has always stood out in my memory as just awesome. It was different and special and totally not your average prom dress. It was short and sparkly and eye-catching and just amazing. In fact, my mom made me keep it afterwards because of how unique it was. In all of my moving and relocating, I haven't been able to move the dress with me, and it has lived in my parents' house for the last 12 years. I've always dreamed about getting back into it, but that's never been a reality. I'd just grown a little (or a lot!) too much since I wore it on that warm May night.  In my most recent attempt at weight-loss, this dress has been my "goal" dress. I knew that when I could fit into it again comfortably, my body would be where I wanted it to be. In anticipation of this goal, I had Mom and Pop ship the dress from NY to NC, so I could have it at the ready when that skinny day came.
I mean, seriously, how awesome is this little number?
Look at those dangly sequins!!!

It arrived in the mail today, and I rushed into the apartment to open it up. It looked exactly the way I remembered it. It was still so heavy (I swear it weighs five pounds with all of the beading on it!), and it sounded just the same. I still loved the beautiful periwinkle blue of the dress and the way the light played off the sequins. Of course I had to slip it on. I already knew that my hips were too big (still) and I still had some work, but I wanted to see just how much work I had to do to make it fit again. I knew I had lost twenty-ish pounds, but I also knew it would still be a tight squeeze. But, to my complete surprise, it actually wasn't as tight of a squeeze as I thought. 

In fact, it fit!!! It fit over my hips and booty (which took a little maneuvering, but I made it), and it zipped all the way! Holy cow!!!! I stood there, in total disbelief, looking at myself in the mirror wearing a dress from 12 years ago. I have to admit, it was a pretty great feeling. I was more than a little giddy.

Of course, I still have some work to do before I'm officially at my goal. I don't want to have to "work" so much to get the dress over my "hips and booty," and I want to be more at ease and comfortable with my tummy (which I am doing my best to minimize in this picture!).  A few more pounds and this baby will fit me perfectly. Not that I have anywhere to wear it, but I want to have the option should it arise. 

If this isn't incentive to shed those last few pounds, I don't know what is!!!

I don't normally share vanity shots of myself on the blog,
but I really can't contain my excitement!

While you're here, how about throwing me a vote?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...